Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Las Vegas has gone insane...more insane than usual

It is now official. Las Vegas for the next 24 hours will be the epicenter of all press coverage. Whether it be OJ Simpson, who I happened to see in the flesh today as he was leaving the court house and the helicopters were circling. (see video of helicopters) or the presidential candidates who have taken over unlv, Las Vegas is center stage. The Debates have me thanking sweet baby Jesus that I decided to take classes monday/wednesday because the parking is supposed to be without precedent bad. Legendary bad. Like NO PARKING AT ALL. They should just cancel class since no one can get to the buildings. The Secret Service is all over campus and on everyone's backs. They are shutting down the only student parking available. The only thing left will be the parking garage that holds like 500 cars. If I didn't already dislike the candidates, I would now that they have taken over the school and Las Vegas.

CNN is in their little trucks passing out stuff. Really cool pads of paper. (see photo of me and Kathy with our free stuff) They weren't cheap on the freebies, lord love 'em. I even got a button that says "I totally disagree with everything you just said." Here I have another reason to like them. I only used to be able to stand their presence because they have Anderson Cooper. Who should totally do the debates as Wolf Blitzer is a democratic sycophant who kowtows to their every whim. Which AC is probably the same, but he's hot. These things can be forgiven if was is sufficiently hot.

The students are tailgating tomorrow which tells me one thing---college students will find any reason to drink. Though every time I see a presidential candidate, especially She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, I need a shot of tequila. I can in fact drink to that. That should be a liquor ad.
Sin City is going to Hell Tonight.
This whole thing is insanity.

0 comments: